No fewer than 30 members of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), luckily escaped a bus fire incident in Warri, Delta State on Thursday.
It was gathered that the incident took place at a yet-to-be identified filling station in the oil city.
The bus said to be transporting the Corps members to Asaba for their Passing Out Parade (POP), immediately caught fire underneath when it parked beside a fuel pump.
Efforts to locate the said filling station in order to ascertain the level of the situation proved futile on Saturday.
According to a CCTV footage which has gone viral, the bus with an inscription of the ‘College of Education, Warri,’ had stopped for a refuel.
While some Corps members could be seen struggling to get the door opened, others made it through the windows with the assistance of a man, whose identity could not be ascertained.
In the video, the good Samaritan quickly rushed to the bus, which was already aflame and tried breaking one of the windows to rescue the Corps members.
A lecturer at the institution, who could not ascertain where the incident happened in Warri, confirmed the development to The Nation.
He disclosed that a part of the bus “about four feet,” was affected by the fire which was later put out.
“Yes, it is true. It was a coastal bus conveying corps members to Asaba. They stopped at a filling station to refuel and suddenly there was a spark.
“Fortunately, all the corps members escaped unhurt. But one of the fuel attendants sustained injuries. The bus has been towed to the school,” he stated.
See the Video Below;