The Manchester City and Liverpool stars will yet again go head-to-head for an individual prize after two astonishing seasons
Kevin De Bruyne and Mohamed Salah will once again go head-to-head over an individual award, as they have both been nominated for the Premier League Player of the Year prize.
The Manchester City and Liverpool stars have been in sensational form this season, but Salah has thus far had the beating of the Belgian, winning the PFA Player of the Year award and the Football Writers’ Association Player of the Year.
Salah has scored 31 goals in 34 Premier League games thus far this season, and has also provided 10 assists, with the Reds currently third in the table. De Bruyne, meanwhile, has scored eight goals and had a hand in 15 assists as City have cruised to the title.
Indeed, City currently have 93 points and, with three games of their season remaining, are aiming to break through the 100-point barrier. They face Huddersfield Town, Brighton and Southampton before the campaign ends.
The other nominees are Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea, Tottenham’s Harry Kane, Manchester City’s Raheem Sterling and Burnley’s James Tarkowski.
A public vote will help decide the winner, and will be worth 10 per cent of the overall vote. A panel of experts comprising the likes of Sir Alex Ferguson and Alan Shearer will make up the other 90 per cent as a winner is decided.
The winner of the award will be announced on May 13.
Meanwhile, six managers have been nominated for the Manager of the Year prize, including De Bruyne’s club boss, Pep Guardiola, as well as Salah’s, Jurgen Klopp.
Crystal Palace’s Roy Hodgson, Brighton’s Chris Hughton, Burnley’s Sean Dyche and Newcastle United’s Rafael Benitez have also been nominated.
The League Manager’s Association will award the prize on May 15.