The Joint Admission and Matriculation Examination Board (JAMB) has reacted to reported release of 2018 UTME results.
Reports had on Tuesday emerged on social media that the UTME 2018 results have been released, with some candidates posting their alleged results online.
However, the board spokesman, Dr Fabian Benjamin, told DAILY POST that candidates should disregard the UTME results making the rounds.
He said the results were fake, advising candidates to wait patiently for the original results to be released.
Recall that the Registrar of the board, Ishaq Oloyede, had given reasons for the delayed result.
Oloyede had said, “We want to monitor everything that happens through our CCT cameras. Last year, we proved a point that there is nothing extraordinary in the immediate release of results but we had to cancel some results when we found out what happened in some centres.
Fabian, therefore, maintained that although the UTME results are ready, they will not be released immediately to enable officials view the CCT cameras to check for exam malpractice.
He said, ”We have not released UTME results yet. The results you find online are fake. They are not real.
”We want to view all CCT cameras in all the centres to see if there are cases of malpractices before releasing the results.
”The reason is this: we don’t want to release and later withhold it. If we release before viewing the CCT cameras, we may have to withhold them again. So, we want to release the results once and for all.”