National Youth Service Corps administration provided prospective corpers with the latest news regarding NYSC 2018 Batch A registration on the official Facebook page. Carefully read the details below.
You must remember the NYSC registration dates so as not to miss your registration. Please note that April 8 is the deadline for application. Here is the statement published on NYSC Facebook page:
“This is to inform all prospective Corps Members, i.e. Nigerians who have graduated from Universities and Mono/Polytechnics both at home and abroad that the NYSC Online registration portal will be opened from Monday, 26th March – Sunday, 8th April, 2018, to enable them register for the 2018 Batch ‘A’ mobilization exercise.”
There are several NYSC websites:
NYSC BATCH A 2018 REGISTRATION GUIDE
Your registration will go smoothly if you take care of the following details:
- Valid e-mail which you can access without hindrance and phone number. You will need this information to create an account on the site. Please note that during the next service year you should not change your phone number or e-mail.
- Local candidates must indicate correctly the institution matriculation numbers during the registration.
- In addition, your name must appear on the list approved by the Senate/Academic Board published in your institution.
- Candidates who passed foreign training must ensure that their educational institutions are accredited. If you have any doubts about this, please contact the Federal Ministry of Education and verify.
Foreign-trained candidates should visit the official website, register and submit the following docs:
- WASC/GCE O’ Level/NECO/NABTEB with at least 5 Credits at 2 sittings or their equivalents.
- High School Diploma or its equivalent for those who attended school in the USA.
- HND Certificate (there is no need for Second Degree or Ph.D.). Higher Diploma Certificates owners can’t register.
- Complete official transcript of the First Degree or HND programme.
- International Travelling Passport showing the pages with personal info, Visa to the country of training, dates of the first trip to the country of training and arrival in Nigeria.
- If you have two nationalities, it’s needed to provide pages with the personal information from both passports and bring them to the orientation camp for physical verification.
- If you studied in a country where English isn’t used, provide a translation of all certificates and transcripts. In addition, these documents must be submitted for physical verification.
- Graduates of Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Physiotherapy, Radiography, Optometry, Medical Laboratory Science, Nursing, and Рharmacy must provide a practicing license, Certificates of Registration with professional bodies and upload them to the website. Payment receipts are not accepted.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS FOR NYSC REGISTRATION
- Candidates who have passed foreign training are not required to visit NYSC headquarters in Abuja to provide documents for verification. The procedure will be conducted in orientation camps. You have to print out your call-up letter downloaded via the Internet and notify the orientation camp in the closest area.
- Visit the camp with the original documents. At this stage, you can’t use Provisional certificates, To Whom It May Concern, on-line print-out, scanned and photocopies of credentials.
- If you studied in a foreign educational institution and applied for Exemption Certificate, take care of the availability of original academic credentials and international passport to provide them for physical verification when visiting the headquarters in Abuja.
- If you were registered and excluded, you also should provide original academic credentials and international passport to NYSC NDHQ, Abuja for physical verification. Do this before the online printing of Exclusion Letters.
- If you have registered but did not receive an invitation during the last batch, visit the NYSC portal and confirm the registration. In this case, you do not have to make a N3000 payment.
We do not recommend you to register with PROXY. Also, you should remember that your fingerprints are needed for biometric capture. These materials will be used for verification in the orientation camps. If you can’t pass it, registration will be incomplete.
The commission of N3000 is mandatory only for those candidates who wish to receive call-up numbers via SMS and print out call-up letters via the Internet. If you do not want to pay a commission, visit your educational institution to get the call-up letter and number. Those candidates who paid for registration earlier but were not enrolled in the corps should not pay again.
These are the latest news on NYSC. Keep the NYSC timetable in mind and prepare all the necessary documents. Good luck!