Pepe says he will wait “until the very last” in the hope of getting a new contract from Real Madrid this summer.
Pepe, 34, has won three La Liga titles, two Copas del Rey and two Champions League trophies since joining Madrid from Benfica in 2007 for €30 million.
The Portugal international’s contract ends this June, and with no sign yet of an extension being agreed with Madrid, local reports say he has received offers from Chinese club Hebei Fortune, Paris Saint-Germain and Inter Milan.
However, during celebrations of the club’s 2016-17 Spanish championship title success, the defender told Marca that he was still hopeful of an agreement being reached to remain at Madrid past the Champions League final against Juventus on June 3.
“The final is on the 3rd, and I have a contract until June 30,” Pepe said. “As I have always said, I will wait on Madrid until the very last.”
The Euro 2016 winner has had an injury-affected campaign so far, and not played for Zinedine Zidane’s side since cracking a rib after scoring in a 1-1 La Liga draw with Atletico Madrid in early April.
Asked if he would be available to feature against Juventus in Cardiff, he replied: “I am happy and I am at 100 percent to be able to play.”
Madrid had two promising young centre-backs out on loan through 2016-17, and either could join up with Zidane’s squad for next year.
Jesus Vallejo, 20, earned positive reviews at Bundesliga club Eintracht Frankfurt this season, while Diego Llorente, 23, secured a place in the Malaga XI during their strong end to the campaign.