A property located along Admiralty Way, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos where popular singer, Banky W, lives has been destroyed by fire, Punchng reports.
A neighbour to the artiste told our correspondent on the telephone that the fire was caused by a faulty air conditioner. The fire was believed to have started around 6am. .
A resident said, “The fire started around 6am and all of us came out to assist Banky in putting out the fire. However, Fire service officials arrived around 7.30. So many items were destroyed including Banky’s awards.” but officials of the fire service arrived over an hour late.
According to Banky W, a room in his Lekki home caught fire contrary to numerous reports.
Contrary to numerous reports, a room in the award winning singer’s home caught fire and not the entire house. Banky W exclusively revealed to Pulse that it was a minor fire incident that happened in the early hours of today, Tuesday, February 28, 2017.
“Just a part of the house was on fire, thanks to an air conditioner. No lives were lost. Everything is fine. Thank God” Banky W told Pulse.
Several websites ran with the story that Banky W had lost properties worth millions of Naira as fire gutted his Lekki home.
The property located along Admiralty Way, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos caught fire because of a faulty air conditioner, Punch reports. A neighbour to the artiste told claims that the fire was believed to have started around 6 am.