NAIJA AND GLOBAL NEWS

Ponzi Scheme MMM Participants Threaten To Use ‘Juju’ Against Founder Over Delayed Payments

Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr


Participants of the Ponzi scheme MMM have threatened to take the founder and those managing it in Nigeria to ‘juju’ shrines.

They said they could no longer bear the daily rules churned out by the scheme’s management and are now forced to think that such new laws are only to buy time.

There have been fears since the scheme returned after it shut down temporarily. The fears are heightened with the refusal of the scheme to make payment to participants.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that some of the participants cursed and the scheme while others threatened to use other means against its founder and managers.

One of such participants said on the MMM website:

“Hello Mavrodi. You can’t eat my money and go like that.See, let me tell you Mavrodi: my father is a native doctor. I give you two weeks to pay my money or my father will kill you in that Russia.I’m ready to kill anybody including my guider and referral. Make una no play with me ooo…If you like joke with me.”

RELATED:  FG Declares Monday Public Holiday for 56th Independence Anniversary

The report quoted one Hayat Mohammed as saying:

“I really need help. I provided help of 50,000, now I made a request to get help. The request was processed, but I’ve not being matched with another participant who will pay me.

They won’t even pick my calls. So my money is lost, isn’t it? Last time I checked, this was supposed to be a platform where we would be able to tender our problems for solutions. I guess they don’t care anymore since participants have grown in population.”

RELATED:  10/8/2017 Update: Naira Sustains Gain As Dollar Crashes At Parallel Market

Owhotemu Maryjane said: “What is really going on with MMM? If it’s gone you should let us the participants know. And why is that when someone wants to GH it will show or create error? You guys had a month to sort this out during the so-called break! So what then is this so called withdrawal limit that you are now talking about?”

A participant, Santos Maemi, said:

“To all Nigerians, please wake up. This is totally a scam. Don’t be blind!!!.”

Christopher Chinedu said:

“If I knew that this would happen, I shouldn’t have become a participant. Let’s admit we have lost our money. That is business I guess, lose or gain.

“Somebody has been matched with different people, four, to be precise and they have not paid him now, many days and months after. Hmmm so who is going to pay who? I think I have cried enough, it’s time for me to clean my eyes now and forget my N700,000. This is not my end.”

RELATED:  Meet the Nigerian Man Who Won SUG President in San Diego State University, United States

One Tope Aladeniyi, who spoke from Ado-Ekiti, said he was to be paid a day before the scheme was shut down in December.

“At the moment, I have not been matched, and last year we were told that once the scheme resumed on January 14, they would be the ones to release those who were ready to be matched, even if you were due for payment,”Aladeniyi said.

Sola Abidakun said:

“I was only paid N4000 and N10,000, leaving two failed transactions waiting to be rematched.”




Write A Comment