Going by the reactions of candidates over the withdrawal of the list of candidates sent to tertiary institutions for admission consideration by JAMB, it is important we clarify a few things to avoid confusion and ensure candidates are properly guided.
So here are important things you should know and keep in mind concerning this new development;
1. The University senate now has autonomy to select candidates for admission. However the list of selected candidates must pass through JAMB for approval and issuance of admission letters.
2. Whether or not you were posted to a school or not for admission consideration earlier no longer matters. As the posting is no longer valid. All you need to do now is wait for your school of choice to announce its screening exercise and ensure you participate accordingly.
3. For Tertiary institutions that have already conducted their admission screening exercise in line with JAMB stipulations, such screening still remains valid. Candidates that participated in such screening should wait for the release of the admission list(s) by their respective institutions.
4. The withdrawal of the JAMB Consideration List does not mean that post-UTME is now valid. The ban on Post-UTME remains valid. Tertiary institutions must abide to the screening modalities as earlier announced by JAMB.
5. Candidates should note that the offer of provisional admission by their schools of choice is subject to validation by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB).