1. He only makes plans for the immediate or short term. He is always ready to make a date for tonight or this weekend but rarely makes plans for the distant future. For instance, you ask him to plan a romantic vacation for next year and he acts hesitantly telling you, “That sounds great, but let’s wait until it gets closer before booking the flight and hotel.”
2. He rarely sings your praises to his friends and family. This can be spotted when you are around those closest to him and they say something to the effect of, “Wow, Bob never told us how smart and talented you are!” A man who is serious about you and your future together raves about you.
3. In social settings, when the topic of marriage or children comes up, he quickly changes the subject. In addition, if he cannot change the subject, he will try to distract you or remove you from the conversation. He may mention the buffet and that he is hungry so he can avoid having to face any questions from the conversation.
4. He tells you he is too stressed at work to think about getting married now but maybe in a few months he can focus on it. He is doing this to buy more time with you before being cornered into dealing with the subject of marriage.
5. He avoids talking about a deeper commitment and tells you he is “happy the way things are — why ruin it?” When a man tells you this, it is a big red flag that he does not have the intention of taking your relationship to the next level.
6. He avoids serious talks about the future by diverting your attention. Often a man will do this by trying to make you laugh or engage you in a fun activity. Remember his goal is to keep you happy and around without having to further the commitment.
7. He will compliment you without adding himself in the mix. He will tell you how great you are and how much he admires you but will not say anything like, “I am so lucky to be with you … You are the woman for me!”