President Muhammadu Buhari has appointed Muhammed Babandede as Acting Comptroller General of the Nigeria Immigration Service, NIS.
Here are nine important things to know about him:
- Babandede is from Jigawa State
- Born in 1963, he is 53 years old.
- He obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree in History/Islamic Studies before getting a Masters Degree in Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice at the Ahmadu Bello University, ABU Zaria.
- Previous to his appointment, he was the Deputy Comptroller General (DCG), Operations & Passports, at the NIM. He was appointed to this position in January 2014.
- Between December 2012 to January 2014; he served as ACG Passport at the Immigration headquarters
- He had been representing the NIS at the National Hajj Commission since 2013.
- He has an award of Member of the Order of the Federal Republic, MFR, in 2014.
- He is currently the longest service top officer in the NIS.
- He is said to have been exposed, for many years, to foreign missions and attached to other MDAs outside the NIS.