Have you ever faced any of the following problems on your BlackBerry 10 phone?
- All data is lost every time you restart the phone.
- A blue LED is displayed during the device start up.
- A red LED is always blinking on your phone whether you have notifications or not.
- The phone cannot fully charge except when switched off.
This problem was noticed after BlackBerry officially released 10.3.2. So if you have ever faced a combination of these problems on your BlackBerry, you’re not alone. Here are the things you’ll need to solve this:
- The latest version of Blackberry Link or Blackberry Blend. Download it HERE.
- BlackberryFix file. Download it HERE.
For Windows Users:
- Open the BlackBerry Desktop Software, either BlackBerry Link or BlackBerry Blend.
- Connect your BlackBerry 10 device to the computer.
- Wait for the device to be detected by the computer and for Windows to complete the driver installation.
- Extract the BlackBerryFix.zip and run the tool.
- When it opens, confirm that the PIN number for the BlackBerry 10 device is displayed, then click on Fix this phone.
- That’s all.
For Mac OS X Users:
- Do Step 1 above.
- Extract and save the BlackBerryFixMac file to the desktop.
- Open Terminal
- Navigate to desktop by typing cd Desktop and press Enter.
- Connect the device to the computer
- Run the utility by typing ./BlackBerryFixMac and press Enter.
The output will be as follows:
-Processing BBPIN = XXXX1234 – If device is pa$$word protected the pa$$word will need to be entered twice. – Fix applied to this device – Press ENTER key to exit.
This procedure save my Blackberry Q5 from oblivion just this morning. Just follow the steps religiously and you’re good to go. Remember, the Ask a GEEK sessions is still on for any inquirers.