that its just 2GB SD Card.
I’ve also use some tools online like memory card expander that has the capacity to expand, flash drives, memory card and the likes from 2GB to 8GB.
But what actually bothers my mind is there should be a tool to check for fake SD card.
Have you ever wondered why on earth you remove your SD card from your Smartphone, only for you to return it back inside and it tells you “memory card corrupted”?
Have you been in a situation where you pay heavily to get a 32GB SD card, only for you to discover that it can only take 8GB files and data.
But I’ll be showing briefly, on how to detect a fake memory card so that you won’t fall victim next time.
Relax, and follow me carefully.
I’ll talk about two tools right away
How Can I Detect a Fake SD Card?
==> SD Insight: The packaging on SD cards can make it difficult to distinguish a fake SD card from the real thing.
But with SD insight, you can easily get that done. SD Insight is a free, fast and easy-to-use mobile application to view SD card manufacturing details, original size and lot more.
Insert an SD card and in seconds your SD card information is displayed in a simple format.
How Does SD Insight Work?
1. Download SD Insight from Google Play store
2. Insert an SD card into your Android cell phone. (Note: You may need to turn off your cell phone to do this).
3. Launch the SD Insight application. In seconds your SD card information is displayed in an easy to understand format on the cell phone’s screen.
4. You can see information such as manufacturer name, date of manufacture, and the product name and serial number. Click the Menu button to see more detailed information about your memory card.
5. If you have more than one memory card in your device, you will also be able to see details for each of the memory cards.
6. You can also view validation of the SD Card against its class rating for the minimum data transfer rate (e.g. Classes 2, 4, 6 and 10)
==> H2testw: H2testw is a free tool that can be used to test for Counterfeit or Fake USB flash drives, and check your USB Flash Drive for errors.
It works by filling the chosen target drive with test data and then reads this data back to verify it.
You will need a PC to run this application.
You can download it here to your PC.
Next time, don’t fall victim of fake SD card. Those of you who has fake SD Card, lets here your opinion on this.